Friday 25 April 2014

Snooker spectacular

Now, don't recoil from the horror of what I'm about to say but I like watching snooker.  When you've finished laughing I'll explain why.

On the surface I could say it harks back to a simpler time, full nobility and dignity where it is free from Twitter wars, shouting at the referees and verbally abusing each other. Instead its the only ball game where a waistcoat and dicky bow is considered essential, the referee is taken at his word and respected for it and the participants even congratulate each other for a good shot during a match.

Although the more I watch it, the more i think it has traits of gladiators (no I haven't gone mad lol). If you follow me a second, if the weaponry is replaced by a snooker cue, the armoury is replaced with waistcoats and instead of exchanging violent blow after violent blow, they throw safety shots at each other and use their mental strategy to clear the table. Mean while the audience look on as the battle unfolds cheering the gladiator who emerges the victor and goes on to applaud his challenger for his efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment